Please note that, in the event of UK participation in EASA and mutual recognition of licences and certificates ceasing, some CAA website content and application forms may continue to carry the EASA logo or reference the EU or EASA rather than the UK CAA in the short term.
These will be updated in due course following the outcome of the transition period negotiations on the long-term aviation relationship between the UK and the EU. In the meantime, the guidance provided and the application forms accessed via the CAA website portal will continue to be valid
- The person applying for a replacement licence must have previously met all the requirements to have held an EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence and BCAR section L Licence.
If the Licence has been stolen please provide us with details of the crime reference number and the police authority it was reported to.
Please note that your CAA Reference or Licence number should be included in your application where possible.
An additional fee will be payable if you wish your documents to be returned by secure courier.
See the current Scheme of Charges (Personnel Licensing) for further information.
How long will it take for my application to be processed?
- We endeavour to process applications in 10 working days from date of receipt.
- Incomplete applications are not subject to the 10 working day turnaround time until all application requirements are met.
Same day services
Same day, special delivery and other customised services are available at an additional cost. This service is on request, which should be made at the time of initial application. Documents are worked to a same day turnaround from receipt of customer request by 11:00 to completion of the processing of the application by 16:30 on the same working day. The customer will be able to collect the documents by 16:30 on the same day or the documents shall be sent by Royal Mail special delivery, where this is included in the service.
How long is it valid for?
- The replacement EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence is valid for 5 years from the original date of issue.
- A completed Online Application Form
- A copy of your passport or EU photo driving licence, certified by your Quality Manager or most senior person within the organisation you are working for is also required if you want the replacement licence to be sent to a different address to the permanent address that we already hold for you.
The link below will take you to an online application form.
You can save your progress when completing the form, and revisit it at a later time by clicking “Save” and then following the on screen instructions. (Please note that you will be asked for a 'Challenge Keyword', and should choose a memorable word so that you can retrieve your information).
- A desk based assessment from an Engineering Licensing Assistant or Officer.
- Following an acceptable assessment, your licensing application will be processed signed and despatched.
- We will contact you if we have any queries regarding your application and may keep your application pending whilst any additional requirements are met.
- An assessment and refund fee may be charged if the assessment results in the rejection of your application. This will also be applied if you choose cancel your application.
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.