We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

This page provides guidance to holders of UK Part 66 licences on how to apply for a change of details, such as name, nationality or address.


You must hold an existing UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence.

You must be able to provide evidence to support your request in the form of valid passport, change of name deed poll and /or marriage certificate, not required for change of address.

How do I apply?

Once all of the requirements have been met stated on this page, please complete:


The application, supporting documents and original licence should be posted to:

Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House
Licensing Assessment Team
Beehive Ring Road
West Sussex

Close How do I apply?

How much does it cost?

The fee is £57.00 (if applying to change both name and nationality at the same time it would be £57.00 per transaction).

There is currently no fee for a change of address.

If a change of personal details generates a change to the privileges held on a UK Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance licence, your licence will be issued for a further five-year validity and will therefore be subject to an additional proportionate fee. If this is the case, you will be contacted again at a later date.

If you are applying for any other additional services, the appropriate fee will also apply.

An additional fee will be payable if you wish your documents to be returned by secure courier.

The Scheme of Charges (Personnel licensing) provides further details.

Close How much does it cost?

What do I need to send with my application?

The following information needs to be included with your application:

  • Application for Initial Issue, Amendment or Renewal of UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence.
  • For existing licence holders your original UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance licence will need to be submitted with any application for amendment or renewal of an engineer's licence.
  • If applying for change of name and or nationality a true copy of the supporting document certified by your Quality Manager, for example, your valid passport/change of name deed poll/marriage certificate.

The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has the right to request the return of the original Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence at any point of your application.

Close What do I need to send with my application?

What happens next?

The following information advises what happens to your application next:

  • The assessment of your application is completed by a Licensing Officer and technical standards surveyor.
  • Following an acceptable assessment, the Licence is then processed, signed and dispatched to the individual.
  • We will contact you if we have any queries regarding your application and may keep your application pending for 30 working days awaiting any additional documentation to be submitted.
  • A refund fee may be charged if the assessment results in the rejection of your application. This will also be applied if you choose to cancel your application.
Close What happens next?

How long is it valid for?

The UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence is valid for 5 years from the date of issue.

Close How long is it valid for?