This page provides guidance to holders of UK Part 66 licences on how to apply for a change of details, such as name, nationality or address.
You must hold an existing UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence.
You must be able to provide evidence to support your request in the form of valid passport, change of name deed poll and /or marriage certificate, not required for change of address.
How do I apply?
Once all of the requirements have been met, please complete:
The application, supporting documents and original licence should be posted to:
Civil Aviation Authority
Licensing Assessment Team
Beehive Ring Road
What do I need to include with my application?
The following information needs to be included with your application:
- Application for Initial Issue, Amendment or Renewal of UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence.
- For existing licence holders your original UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance licence will need to be submitted with any application for amendment or renewal of an engineer's licence.
- If applying for change of name and or nationality a true copy of the supporting document certified by your Quality Manager, for example, your valid passport/change of name deed poll/marriage certificate.
Please note the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) does have the right to request the return of the original Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence at any point of your application.
How much does it cost?
The fee is £53.00 (if applying to change both name and nationality at the same time it would be £53.00 per transaction).
There is currently no fee for a change of address.
Please note if a change of personal details generates a change to the privileges held on a UK Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance licence, your licence will be issued for a further five-year validity and will therefore be subject to an additional proportionate fee. If this is the case, you will be contacted again at a later date.
If you are applying for any other additional services, the appropriate fee will also apply.
An additional fee will be payable if you wish your documents to be returned by secure courier.
The Scheme of Charges (Personnel licensing) provides further details.
Same day services
Same day, special and customised delivery charges are available at an additional cost. This service is on request, which should be made at the time of initial application. Documents are worked to a same day turnaround from receipt of customer request by 11:00 to completion of the processing of the application by 16:30 on the same working day. The customer will be able to collect the documents by 16:30 on the same day or the documents shall be sent by Royal Mail special delivery, where this is included in the service.
How long is it valid for?
The UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence is valid for 5 years from the date of issue.
The following information provides further guidance:
The following information advises what happens to your application next:
- The assessment of your application is completed by a Licensing Officer and technical standards surveyor.
- Following an acceptable assessment, the Licence is then processed, signed and dispatched to the individual.
- We will contact you if we have any queries regarding your application and may keep your application pending for 30 working days awaiting any additional documentation to be submitted.
- A refund fee may be charged if the assessment results in the rejection of your application. This will also be applied if you choose to cancel your application.