We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK Civil Aviation Regulations

These are published by the CAA on our UK Regulations pages. EU Regulations and EASA Access Guides published by EASA no longer apply in the UK. Our website and publications are being reviewed to update all references. Any references to EU law and EASA Access guides should be disregarded and where applicable the equivalent UK versions referred to instead.

If you never held a UK issued Part 66 licence and you currently hold an EU issued Part 66 licence, you will need to apply for UK Part-66 licence with an EU Part 66 licence.


You must have previously held a UK issued Part 66 Licence which was subsequently transferred to an EU member state prior to the UK EU Exit date.

You will be required to hold a current EU issued Part 66 licence which has not been suspended or enforcement action taking place.

This application process will allow your previously surrendered UK issued Part 66 Licence to be reactivated post the UK EU exit date where an individual can now hold a UK and EU issued licence concurrently.

Please note if you require a change to your UK licence or it has expired since transfer then a SRG1014 is required to be submitted in addition to the reactivation application form along with the associated fee.

How to apply

Once all of the requirements have been met, please apply for Reactivation of UK Issued Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence - SRG 1014RET.

What to include with your application

You will need to include the following information with your application:

  • Application for reactivation of UK Issued Part 66 Licence (SRG 1014RET).
  • Certified true copy of your valid passport or UK Driving Licence certified by an appropriate person.
  • Certified true copies or originals of the appropriate EU issued Part 66 Licence.
  • Copy of UK Issued Part 66 Licence (if available).
  • If changes or a renewal is required in addition to the reactivation, then a SRG 1014 will be required to support the application with the associated documentation and applicable fees.

Applications and documents posted from outside the UK

When submitting applications or documentation via post/courier to the UK please ensure that you complete the import declaration on any package in the correct manner.
Please ensure that you enter the value of the package content as zero/nil. Otherwise, this will generate import duties in the UK which will be re-charged to you.

While there is a fee for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) application process, this does not represent an importation value of the package content. Therefore, the application fee should not be stated on the import declaration form that a candidate completes when posting supporting documents to CAA UK.

What else do I need to know?

To ensure you complete your application correctly, please refer to the following associated rules, regulations and forms to help you with your application should this be required to add category, rating or renew your UK AML when applying for a reactivation:

Certified true copies of documents

Postholders of a Part 145/147/MG/CAMO/CAO Organisation or another Part-66 licence holder can act as certifiers for all documents.

Postholders of a Part 145/147/MG/CAMO/CAO Organisation or another Part-66 licence holder or official bodies such as the post office or solicitors who provide this service can act as certifiers for ID Documents (Passport or full UK driving licence).

The following instructions need to be followed for the certifier of your ID document: 

  • Insert on the copy to be enclosed with the application: 'I have seen the original document and I certify that this is a complete and accurate copy of the original'.
  • Insert signature and date.
  • Certifier’s name must be printed in block capitals.
  • Must include position or capacity, for example, Head of a Part 145/147 Organisation.

Validity period

The reactivation of a UK issued Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence will be reactivated with the same expiry date at the point of surrender. If the licence has expired since surrender, then a normal renewal application and fee will be required.

Please note the UK Part-66 licence validity can be extended only if licence has expired, or new privileges added to the UK Part-66 licence.

What are the costs?

The cost is £105 for the reactivation of a licence (does not include any additional services for changes and/or renewal).

If you are applying for any other additional services, the appropriate fee will also apply.

An additional fee will be payable if you wish your documents to be returned by secure courier.

Full details are available in the current Scheme of Charges (Personnel licensing).

What to expect

The following information advises you on what you will expect once you have submitted your application:

  • The assessment of your application is completed by a Licensing Officer.
  • The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) may contact the EU member state Authority where the EU licence was issued for confirmation it has not been suspended or enforcement action taking place. (This may delay the processing time of your application if the other authority does not respond to the request in a timely manner).
  • Following an acceptable assessment, the Licence is then processed, signed and dispatched to the individual.
  • We will contact you if we have any queries regarding your application and may keep your application pending for 30 working days awaiting any additional documentation to be submitted.
  • This application is non-refundable.