• EU exit

    Please note that, in the event of UK participation in EASA and mutual recognition of licences and certificates ceasing, some CAA website content and application forms may continue to carry the EASA logo or reference the EU or EASA rather than the UK CAA in the short term. 

    These will be updated in due course following the outcome of the transition period negotiations on the long-term aviation relationship between the UK and the EU.  In the meantime, the guidance provided and the application forms accessed via the CAA website portal will continue to be valid

  • After the end of the EU Exit transition period on 31/12/2020, EU licence holders who have previously held UK-issued licences and SOLI-transferred out, may wish to apply for a UK PART FCL or ATCO Licence and applicable Medical Certificate to have in addition to their existing EU documents.

    This guidance should be read in conjunction with the guidance produced relating to licences.

    A valid UK medical certificate is required to issue the UK licence and can be obtained in 2 ways. For some applicants, the medical certificate may be obtained at an AME renewal examination subject to the conditions below. Otherwise the FORM SRG1217 process needs to be followed to ‘convert’ an existing valid EU medical certificate to a UK one.

    This flow chart is to assist applicants: Flowchart for a UK medical certificate for EU Licence Holders who have previously transferred out