We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional analytics cookies to help us improve it.
For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK – EU Transition, and UK Civil Aviation Regulations

To access current UK civil aviation regulations, including AMC and GM, CAA regulatory documents, please use this link to UK Regulation. Please note, if you use information and guidance under the Headings, the references to EU regulations or EU websites in our guidance will not be an accurate information or description of your obligations under UK law. These pages are undergoing reviews and updates.

If you never held a UK issued Part 66 licence and you currently hold an EU issued Part 66 licence, please see the guidance on how to apply for UK Part-66 licence.


You must have previously held a UK issued Part 66 Licence which was subsequently transferred to an EU member state prior to the UK EU Exit date.

You will be required to hold a current EU issued Part 66 licence which has not been suspended or enforcement action taking place.

This application process will allow your previously surrendered UK issued Part 66 Licence to be reactivated post the UK EU exit date where an individual can now hold a UK and EU issued licence concurrently.

Note: If you require a change to your UK licence or it has expired since transfer then a SRG1014 is required to be submitted in addition to the reactivation application form along with the associated fee.


  • £97.00 for reactivation of licence (does not include any additional services for changes and/or renewal)

If you are applying for any other additional services the appropriate fee will also apply.

An additional fee will be payable if you wish your documents to be returned by secure courier.

Full details are available in the current Scheme of Charges (Personnel licensing).

Applications and documents posted from outside the European Union

When submitting applications or documentation via post/courier to the UK please ensure that you complete the import declaration on any package in the correct manner.
Please ensure that you enter the value of the package content as zero/nil. Otherwise this will generate import duties in the UK which will be re-charged to you.

While there is a fee for the CAA application process, this does not represent an importation value of the package content. Therefore the application fee should not be stated on the import declaration form that a candidate completes when posting supporting documents to CAA UK.

Validity period

  • The reactivation of a UK issued Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence will be reactivated with the same expiry date at the point of surrender. If the licence has expired since surrender, then a normal renewal application and fee will be required.

Note – the UK Part-66 licence validity can be extended only if licence has expired or new privileges added to the UK Part-66 licence.

What else do I need to know

To ensure you complete your application correctly, please refer to the following associated rules, regulations and forms to help you with your application should this be required to add category, rating or renew your UK AML when applying for a reactivation:

Certified true copies of documents

The following people can act as certifiers for all documents:

  • Postholders of a Part 145/147/MF/MG/CAMO/CAO Organisation or another Part-66 licence holder

The following people can act as certifiers for ID Documents (Passport or full UK driving licence):

  • Postholders of a Part 145/147/MF/MG/CAMO/CAO Organisation or another Part-66 licence holder
  • official bodies such as the post office or solicitors who provide this service.

Instructions for the certifier of your ID document are as follows:

  • Insert on the copy to be enclosed with the application: 'I have seen the original document and I certify that this is a complete and accurate copy of the original'.
  • Insert signature and date
  • Certifier’s name must be printed in block capitals
  • Must include position or capacity, e.g. Head of a Part 145/147 Organisation.

What to include with your application

  • Application for reactivation of UK Issued Part 66 Licence (SRG 1014RET)
  • Certified true copy of your valid passport or UK Driving Licence certified by an appropriate person.
  • Certified true copies or originals of the appropriate EU issued Part 66 Licence.
  • Copy of UK Issued Part 66 Licence (if available)
  • If changes or a renewal is required in addition to the reactivation then a SRG 1014 will be required to support the application with the associated documentation and applicable fees

How to apply

Once all of the requirements have been met, please complete:

What to expect

  • The assessment of your application is completed by a Licensing Officer
  • UK CAA may contact the EU member state Authority where the EU licence was issued for confirmation it has not been suspended or enforcement action taking place. This may delay the processing time of your application if the other authority does not respond to the request in a timely manner.
  • Following an acceptable assessment, the Licence is then processed, signed and dispatched to the individual.
  • We will contact you if we have any queries regarding your application and may keep your application pending for 30 working days awaiting any additional documentation to be submitted.
  • This application is non-refundable

Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority

  1. Shaping up to be a busy 2022 for UK CAA’s General Aviation Unit
  2. CAA launches consultation on environmental effects of first UK space launch from Cornwall
  3. Farnborough 2022: Sir Stephen Hillier - Where next for aviation and aerospace

View all latest news