We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional analytics cookies to help us improve it.
For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK – EU Transition, and UK Civil Aviation Regulations

To access current UK civil aviation regulations, including AMC and GM, CAA regulatory documents, please use this link to UK Regulation. Please note, if you use information and guidance under the Headings below, the references to EU regulations or EU websites in our guidance will not be an accurate information or description of your obligations under UK law. These pages are undergoing reviews and updates.

Please note: the CBIR cannot be issued as a same day serviceThis page contains guidance on how to apply for an IR (A) and provides access to all the forms and other CAA materials you will need to make your application.

How to apply 

You can submit your application using our online application form SRG3108

As part of the application, you will need to upload the following supporting evidence: 

  • Examiner report form SRG2131 
  • CAA5011 or your ATO Course Completion Certificate 
  • A certified copy of your UK Part-FCL licence 
  • A certified copy of your logbook. Electronic logbooks are acceptable, provided they have been printed and each page has been hand signed and dated. 

If you are applying on the basis of training and testing conducted by a non-UK approved EASA Part-FCL Approved Training Organisation you must provide copies of the following: 

  • the ATO’s PART-ORA approval certificate 
  • a copy of the EASA simulator approval certificate  
  • the non-UK examiner’s licence, medical and authorisation certificate 
  • return email confirmation from testnotification@caa.co.uk 

If you are applying on the basis of a Third country ICAO licence conversion you will need to provide: 

  • Form SRG2142 
  • A certified copy of your Third country ICAO licence, validating medical certificate and certificate of revalidation 
  • If your ICAO licence does not show the validity dates of the ratings, please submit certified copies of logbook pages showing the rating validity and test dates. 

If you are applying on military service you will need to provide: 

  • Form SRG2133 
  • Additional documentation required for applications based on the Military Accreditation Scheme (MAS) 

Secure courier

The CAA strongly recommends you use our secure courier service to have your documents returned to you. More information about our secure courier service

Additional documentation

If you are applying on the basis of

you will need to send us additional documentation along with your application. Please see the Guidance on documentation section.

Compulsory conversion to EASA licence

If you have not already converted your pilot licence to an EASA licence, then applying for a rating to be issued onto it will mean that your licence will be compulsorily converted to an EASA licence and a conversion fee will be charged. These fees are set out in the Licence costs section.

More information about converting to an EASA licence

EASA Europa regulations

All relevant European regulations such as Part- ARO, ORO, CAT, SPA, NCC, NCO, MED are available on the link shown below. For Flight Crew Regulations please refer to the consolidated version Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011. For other regulations such as Part-ORO, Part-ORA, please check the Air Operations regulations.


Close EASA Europa regulations

Provide page feedback

Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority

  1. 2022 quarter one flight data
  2. Continued focus on change for GA Team
  3. Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod

View all latest news