We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional analytics cookies to help us improve it.
For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK – EU Transition, and UK Civil Aviation Regulations

To access current UK civil aviation regulations, including AMC and GM, CAA regulatory documents, please use this link to UK Regulation. Please note, if you use information and guidance under the Headings below, the references to EU regulations or EU websites in our guidance will not be an accurate information or description of your obligations under UK law. These pages are undergoing reviews and updates.

Using military service as the basis for your pilot licence application

If you are applying for any pilot licence under the military accreditation scheme (MAS) based on your service as a pilot in the UK military, you will need to provide the following documents alongside those required for the licence application:

  • completed form SRG 2133
  • copies of the following logbook pages:
    • the Special Qualifications page
    • the last few pages of your military flying logbook

The copies of the logbook pages must be stamped and certified by either

  • your commanding officer or
  • the head of training at the ATO where any additional training for your application has taken place

If you are claiming credits based on your military instrument rating you will be required to provide a certified copy of the IR qualification page in your military log book. You will also need to provide a certified copy of any page that shows when you last exercised instrument rating privileges.

How to get copies of your documents certified

Qualified flight instructors

If you are claiming credits as a military qualified flight instructor (QFI) please provide certified logbook evidence of your QFI qualification.

If you provide evidence that the experience requirements of FCL.910.Fl(c) have been met previously using the instructor privileges on your military qualifications the Part-FCL instructor certificate can be issued without the privileges restricted.

If you are applying for a FI(A) certificate and hold a night or aerobatic rating on your Part-FCL licence the instruction privilege can be added to their flight instructor rating by:

  • demonstrating the ability to instruct for that rating during the assessment of competence
  • if you do not meet this requirement at issue of the FI rating, you must meet the relevant requirements of Part-FCL

Provide page feedback

Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority

  1. Continued focus on change for GA Team
  2. Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
  3. Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence

View all latest news