We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK Civil Aviation Regulations

These are published by the CAA on our UK Regulations pages. EU Regulations and EASA Access Guides published by EASA no longer apply in the UK. Our website and publications are being reviewed to update all references. Any references to EU law and EASA Access guides should be disregarded and where applicable the equivalent UK versions referred to instead.

If you are applying for any licence or rating on the basis of an ICAO-compliant licence held from a non-EASA state (a 'third-country' licence), you will need to include the following documents along with the other documents required for your application:

  • a certified copy of your current and valid third country ICAO licence and validating medical certificate.
  • documentation showing that you have met the flying experience requirements for the licence or rating you are applying for and that you are in current flying practice: ie your original flying logbook(s) or certified copies.
  • Third Country Verification application form SRG2142 (to enable us to verify your licensing details with the other authority)
  • a certified copy of your EASA licence (if applicable)

Electronic logbooks are acceptable for all types of application provided they have been printed, signed and dated.

If your ICAO licence does not show the validity dates of the ratings, please submit certified copies of logbook pages showing the rating validity and test dates.

How to get copies of your documents certified