We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK Civil Aviation Regulations

These are published by the CAA on our UK Regulations pages. EU Regulations and EASA Access Guides published by EASA no longer apply in the UK. Our website and publications are being reviewed to update all references. Any references to EU law and EASA Access guides should be disregarded and where applicable the equivalent UK versions referred to instead.

This page contains guidance on how to apply for an IR (H) and provides access to all the forms and other CAA materials you will need to make your application.

How to apply 

You can submit your application using our online application form SRG3108

As part of the application, you will need to upload the following supporting evidence: 

  • Examiner report form SRG2135  
  • CAA5011 or your ATO Course Completion Certificate 
  • A certified copy of your UK Part-FCL licence 
  • A certified copy of your logbook. Electronic logbooks are acceptable, provided they have been printed and each page has been hand signed and dated. 

If you are applying on the basis of training and testing conducted by a non-UK approved EASA Part-FCL Approved Training Organisation you must provide copies of the following: 

  • the ATO’s PART-ORA approval certificate 
  • a copy of the EASA simulator approval certificate  
  • the non-UK examiner’s licence, medical and authorisation certificate 
  • return email confirmation from testnotification@caa.co.uk 

If you are applying on the basis of a Third country ICAO licence conversion you will need to provide: 

  • Form SRG2142 
  • A certified copy of your Third country ICAO licence, validating medical certificate and certificate of revalidation 
  • If your ICAO licence does not show the validity dates of the ratings, please submit certified copies of logbook pages showing the rating validity and test dates. 

If you are applying on military service you will need to provide: 

  • Form SRG2133 
  • Additional documentation required for applications based on the Military Accreditation Scheme (MAS) 

Secure courier

The CAA strongly recommends you use our secure courier service to have your documents returned to you. More information about our secure courier service.

Related regulations

All relevant European regulations such as Part- ARO, ORO, CAT, SPA, NCC, NCO, MED are available on the link shown below. For Flight Crew Regulations please refer to the consolidated version Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011. For other regulations such as Part-ORO, Part-ORA, please check the Air Operations regulations.


Close Related regulations