We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK Civil Aviation Regulations

These are published by the CAA on our UK Regulations pages. EU Regulations and EASA Access Guides published by EASA no longer apply in the UK. Our website and publications are being reviewed to update all references. Any references to EU law and EASA Access guides should be disregarded and where applicable the equivalent UK versions referred to instead.

Online application form SRG3108 should be used by professional and private pilots to apply for one of the following:

  • Aeroplane class, type, instrument rating or LAPL privileges


  • Helicopter type, instrument rating or LAPL privileges


  • Microlight rating


  • Airship instrument rating

If you have revalidated/renewed a rating and your licence or logbook (for LAPL holders) has been endorsed, you do not need to fill in an application. You can simply email your paperwork to : licenceapplications@caa.co.uk

If you are a commercial pilot and an e-Licensing user, please apply on e-Licensing

If you have a non-UK issued Part-FCL licence and want to convert to a UK issued licence, you can find further guidance on the Conversion of an EASA flight crew licence to a UK part equivalent licence page which includes the relevant application form.


Review comment:
Version date:

This publication features in the following categories.

This publication features in the following form categories.