To request an IDERA the current registered owner of the aircraft will need to complete a CA50 IDERA request form. Once completed, the form should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (01293) 768590, or mailed to the Aircraft Registration, Aviation House, Gatwick Airport South, RH6 0YR.
- A request to issue an IDERA must not be made in connection with a pre-existing right or interest - see The International Interests in Aircraft Equipment (Cape Town Convention) Regulations 2015 Art 51. These Regulations do not apply to a pre-existing right or interest, which retains the priority it enjoyed under the law of the United Kingdom before the effective date of these Regulations.
- It must be in relation to an 'international interest' which was both created on or after 1st November 2015 and is registered at the International Registry of Mobile Assets.
- It must be in relation to an aircraft that is covered by the Convention and Protocol; aircraft (other than helicopters) which can carry at least eight people or goods in excess of 2,750 kilograms, and helicopters carrying five or more persons.
- Only one IDERA can be recorded and current at any one time.
Filling out CA50
- The form must be completed by the current registered owner of the aircraft. The current registered owner details can be confirmed by entering the registration mark of the aircraft into the at G-INFO UK Register database. (If the aircraft is not yet registered or a change of registered ownership is pending an IDERA request can be made by the prospective registered owner providing an application to register the aircraft has already been made by the same party.)
- It must also be signed by an Authorised Signatory of the registered owner, usually at director or company secretary level. If the form is signed by another party then power of attorney must explicitly empower the signatory to execute the IDERA on behalf of the registered owner.
After your form is submitted
- Once the IDERA is recorded a confirmatory email/letter will be sent to the registered owner and the Authorised Party.
- If the IDERA cannot be accepted an acknowledgement of receipt and advice on why it has not been accepted will be sent to the applicant (usually by email).
- If the aircraft is not yet registered or there is a change of registered ownership pending, the IDERA will be recorded and notification made as soon as is practical after the aircraft is registered. Prior to recordation an acknowledgement of receipt pending recordation will be sent to the applicant and the proposed Authorised Party.
All communications will be carried out in accordance with our service standards.
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Continued focus on change for GA Team
- Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
- Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence