Apply for a SPL using paper forms
You will need to send us a completed application form and some other documents to apply for a SPL.
You must have already completed a training course at a flight school.
To apply for a SPL, use form SRG 1105S.
What to include with your form
As well as your completed application form, you will need to send us the following documentation:
- Proof of identity (certified copy of 1 of the following)
- EU photographic driving licence
- EU identity card
- Certified copy of your Class 1 or Class 2 medical certificate
- Your original logbook(s) or certified copies of all relevant pages
- Examiner's skill test report form (form SRG 2132)
How to submit your application
Please send your completed application form and supporting documentation to the following address:
Licensing and Training Standards
Beehive Ring Road
The CAA strongly recommends you use our secure courier service to have your documents returned to you. More information about our secure courier service.
If you are applying on the basis of:
- UK military service
- a third-country ICAO licence
- a skill test conducted by a non-UK-approved EASA examiner
you will need to send us additional documentation along with your application. Please see the Guidance on documentation section.
Licence fees and costs
Please see our Licence costs section.
Regulations and requirements
Information on the regulations governing the SPL and information about exact requirements are available in the SPL requirements section.
All relevant European regulations such as Part- ARO, ORO, CAT, SPA, NCC, NCO, MED are available on the link shown below. For Flight Crew Regulations please refer to the consolidated version Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011. For other regulations such as Part-ORO, Part-ORA, please check the Air Operations regulations.
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Continued focus on change for GA Team
- Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
- Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence