We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK Civil Aviation Regulations

These are published by the CAA on our UK Regulations pages. EU Regulations and EASA Access Guides published by EASA no longer apply in the UK. Our website and publications are being reviewed to update all references. Any references to EU law and EASA Access guides should be disregarded and where applicable the equivalent UK versions referred to instead.

As part of improvements to our licence application service, we are reducing the use of paper application forms.

You can still apply for some general aviation pilot licences using our paper-based application route.

Information about what forms to use and what other documents you will need to include with your application can be found on the page for each individual licence:

LAPL applications

PPL, SPL and BPL applications