Punctuality statistics are calculated for 25 UK Airports. The planned time of operation is obtained from the airport scheduling committees and merged in with the actual time of operation on the air transport movement records collected in UK Airport Statistics. Information is published each month which shows the average delays on scheduled and charter services at each of the airports both in total and at an individual route/airline level.
Southend is being included for the first time from April 2016.
It should be noted that the statistics in this notice cover only those flights which were operated; they do not cover those flights which were cancelled. Some airport or airline business models prioritise delaying flights rather than cancelling them outright.
The information contained in these reports have been compiled from various sources of data. CAA validates this data, however, no warranty is given as to its accuracy, integrity or reliability. CAA cannot accept liability for any financial loss caused by a person’s reliance on any of these statistics. No statistical data provided by CAA may be sold on to a third party. CAA insists that they are referenced in any publication that makes reference to CAA Statistics.
Please note the following:
- With effect from April 2016, Birmingham and Belfast International Airports actual time of operation has changed from the arrival/departure at the stand to the wheels on/off the runway. As the planned time of operation relates to the arrival/departure at the stand, estimate Taxi Times have been built in Birmingham, 10 minutes (arrivals and departures), Belfast International, 5 minutes (arrivals and departures), which have been provided by the airports. We will continue to analyse the results and reserve the right to adjust the reports accordingly. When evaluating year on year comparisons please use figures from the previous year file, as results recorded for previous year in the latest file will not provide an accurate comparison.
- April and May reports have been updated.
How to contact us
If you have feedback on our published reports please contact Aviation.Intelligence@caa.co.uk. You will receive an automated reply confirming that we have received your comments.
We review every comment that we receive and, if significant issues are found with our published reporting, reports will be amended and re-published. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to individual queries.
- 201501 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201502 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201503 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201504 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201505 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201506 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201507 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201508 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201509 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201510 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201511 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
- 201512 Punctuality Statistics (PDF document)
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Continued focus on change for GA Team
- Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
- Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence