We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK Civil Aviation Regulations

These are published by the CAA on our UK Regulations pages. EU Regulations and EASA Access Guides published by EASA no longer apply in the UK. Our website and publications are being reviewed to update all references. Any references to EU law and EASA Access guides should be disregarded and where applicable the equivalent UK versions referred to instead.

The personal details that appear on your licence should match the information on your photo ID and include your current permanent address.

If you have not already converted your pilot licence to an EASA licence, then updating your licence will mean that it will be compulsorily converted to an EASA licence and a conversion fee will be charged.

How to change your personal details/address on your licence

If you have previously applied for a licence or rating using our eLicensing portal (applicable to commercial pilots only), you will have to apply for this service through the portal.

For more information on how to submit an eLicensing application please see eLicensing guidance for pilots.
If you have not previously used eLicensing portal and if you need to change or update any of your personal details, please complete online form SRG2156.

What documents to submit

As part of the online application, you will be asked to upload the following:

  • A certified copy of the Certificate of Revalidation page of your licence including any additional rating pages
  • A certified copy of either your passport (preferred) or a Full UK Photographic Driving Licence

If your passport is not in your new name, we will also require a copy of:

  • your Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate,
  • your Change of Name Deed Poll, Statutory Declaration or Original Decree Absolute (as applicable).

How to get copies of your documents certified

The Fee

There is no charge for changing your address, but you will have to pay an administration fee if you have to change any other personal details or convert your licence as a result of this application.

Please see licence fees and costs for details.

An additional fee will be payable if you wish your documents to be returned by secure courier.

Please see making sure your documents are safely returned section for more details.

File size limit

Please note that there is currently a 50Mb size limit for files uploaded to our online forms. If your attachments exceed 50Mb, you should send all supporting documentation to fclweb@caa.co.uk quoting your application number.

During the current Covid-19 pandemic, we ask that all paperwork is sent to us electronically.

Guidance on documentation

All documents should be uploaded with a different filename clearly stating the content of the file attachment (for exampled Passport, Licence copy etc.)

Submitting documents with the same filename may result in the loss of information in the system and added delays to the application assessment.

For questions relating to paperwork, such as how to obtain certified copies of documents, please refer to guidance on documentation.

Contact us

If you have any questions please contact our licensing team:

Email fclweb@caa.co.uk (preferred)

Phone 0330 022 1972 (Mon - Fri 08:30 - 16:30)