We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

What is an ETOPS approval?

An extended Range Twin Operations approval (ETOPS) permits twin-engined aeroplanes to operate over a route that contains a point further than one hour flying time at the approved one-engine inoperative cruise speed. This is applicable to flights under standard conditions in still air from an adequate aerodrome.

In order to be granted an ETOPS approval you need:

  • An AOC (Air Operator Certificate)
  • to demonstrate that the necessary airworthiness, maintenance and operational requirements are in place

How do I apply?

Fill in form SRG 1814 and send to navapprovals@caa.co.uk

Details of costs can be found in the Scheme of Charges for Air Operator and Police Air Operator Certificates. Applicants should also inform their assigned Flight Operations Inspector.

CAA Gateway Contact

CAA Shared Services Centre (Navigation)
Telephone: +44 (0) 3300 221 908
Email: navapprovals@caa.co.uk

Related Information