UK Part 145 caters for certain maintenance tasks to be carried out at an unsupported location by the aircraft commander or flight engineer.
AMC to Part 145.A.30(j)4 lists various minor maintenance tasks or simple checks which the aircraft commander or flight engineer may be issued an Authorisation to carry out.
Other checks or replacements involving simple techniques which are not listed in AMC 145.A.30(j)(4) paragraph 2(i) require specific agreement from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). If you would like a simple maintenance task or check to be considered for the issue of an authorisation under AMC 145.A.30(j)4, please apply to the CAA by following the information detailed in this page.
Master Task Listing
The Commander Authorisation Tasks spreadsheet records previously accepted or rejected tasks.
There is currently no fee.
How to apply
Please note that only CAA approved Part 145 organisations can apply for agreement from the CAA for a task to be carried out by a pilot.
Associated rules and regulations
You will need to provide the following information:
- A completed application SRG 1756 form submitted by an Authorised Representative of the Company.
- All relevant maintenance data and /or supporting evidence (for example a copy of the Airworthiness Directive, Service Bulletin, Service Letter and so on) related to the maintenance task.
- Evidence detailing why the maintenance task or check is considered to be simple and can effectively be carried out by a suitably trained pilot.
The following information offers guidance on what to expect next:
- An automated email receipt following submission of your email application form.
- An Airworthiness Surveyor will conduct a review against the requirements (the Airworthiness Surveyor may require additional information or an on-site review; therefore, they may contact the applicant directly).
- Once the review is complete, the Airworthiness Sector Manager will validate the decision.
- Once any of the internal process has been completed, the applicant will receive feedback on acceptance or rejection.
- The results of review will be included in the master task list located on this web page for all to use.