Organisations must have On the Job Training (OJT) privilege within their approved exposition, Section 3.15 (145.A.70a). If not, the organisation should apply for the OJT privilege by submitting an application form, SRG1013B to their allocated surveyor, their exposition detailing their control procedure for such privilege.
Organisations with their principal place of business located outside the UK, including those based in the Channel Islands, are eligible to apply to the UK CAA directly for approval of their OJT procedures.
How much does it cost?
There is no charge payable for a Part 145 OJT application.
In the event of a discrepancy between the information here and the Official Record Series 5, CAA Scheme of Charges (Airworthiness, Noise Certification and Aircraft and Aircraft Engine Emissions), the Scheme of Charges takes precedence.
How long will it take for my application to be processed?
If the application team receive your application and all elements are present are correct, an email will be sent to your organisation within 15 working days.
How long is it valid for?
Once granted, a Part 145 OJT approval is valid for 12 months (one year) from the date of approval. After this date, if an organisation wishes to carry out additional OJT, then it will have to re-apply.
This approval is raised by the Airworthiness team and will be subject to CAA oversight by the surveyor, following the organisation’s agreed audit programme.
- a completed application form submitted by an Authorised Representative of the Company, e.g. the Accountable Manager/Quality Manager. (Aircraft ratings should be listed as per UK Part-66 Type Rating list. At this time the Part 66 listing does not include Sailplanes, Powered Sailplanes or Balloons. In this case, use the aircraft type designation specified on the UK Part-21 aircraft Type Certificate Data Sheet)
- an audit conducted by the organisation for the facility concerned
- a copy of the approved, completed OJT Logbook
- copy of the completed Compliance Report
- details of the approved assessor (copy of current Part 145 Authorisation)
- a copy of the approved MOE
- a copy of the OJT procedures/MOE supplement
- once the application is received and the fee processed, the application will be allocated to a surveyor for them to complete a desktop audit/review. The Surveyor will determine if an on-site audit is required.
- once all the audits are completed and findings closed, then the approval will be granted for a period of 12 months from the date of approval.