Organisations may hold an approval from ANAC to maintain aircraft or engine and propellers for aircraft that are registered on the Brazilian Aircraft Register.
A Memorandum of Understanding between UK and Brazil was signed on 2 December 2020.
The Memorandum of Understanding means that the UK CAA will undertake the oversight of organisations that hold UK Part 145 approval and RBAC 145 Approval.
Organisations must be based in the UK and hold:
- A valid UK Part 145 approval.
- A current RBAC 145 approval.
How much does it cost?
See the Official Record Series 5, CAA Scheme of Charges (Airworthiness, Noise Certification and Aircraft and Aircraft Engine Emissions)
Approvals are subject to an annual fee detailed in the UK CAA Scheme of Charges. There are currently fees charged by ANAC for their processing of approvals granted under the bilateral arrangements.
You can find the applicable fee according to instructions on the the ANAC website (National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil).
If the number of hours taken by the CAA to carry out its investigations in relation to the application exceeds the cost shown above, the applicant must pay an excess hourly charge. The CAA shall determine the excess hourly charge by taking the total number of excess hours taken by the CAA to complete the required investigations in relation to the application and multiplying that number of hours by an hourly charge, currently £215. The balance for the excess hourly charge (total hourly charge less initial charge already paid) is payable by the applicant to the CAA and will be invoiced to the applicant.
Payments can be made by credit or debit card or by bank transfer or by a cheque made payable to the Civil Aviation Authority.
How long will it take for my application to be processed?
- The application will be processed by Approvals & Certification (A&C) and forwarded to the CAA Regional Surveyor for review within 10 working days.
How long is it valid for?
Once granted, a RBAC Approval is valid for 24 months unless suspended, cancelled or revoked.
Applicants should be aware that RBAC may request suspension of the approval at any time if the conditions of the approval are not met.
- Applications for changes must be made coincidentally to UK Part 145 approvals.
- Proof of payment of fee.
- The MOE Supplement should be amended if required and submitted for review and acceptance.
- Submit the online application together with the Form F-143-17 and MOE Supplement to the CAA's Approvals & Certification (A&C) Department via email to email@example.com
- A&C will process the application and acknowledge within 10 working days.
- A&C will review and log the application. Send completed Form F-143-17 and proof of payment to ANAC.
- The Regional Surveyor will review the MOE supplement and when it is acceptable will notify A&C.
- A&C will issue an Approval Letter to the applicant advising the ANAC approval reference, the expiry date, the scope of approval and any limitations that have been applied.
- ANAC will be sent a copy of the Approval Letter and update their website.
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Continued focus on change for GA Team
- Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
- Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence