Organisations may hold an approval from Brazilian Aviation Authority ANAC to maintain aircraft or engines and propellers for aircraft that are registered on the Brazilian Aircraft Register.
A Memorandum of Understanding between the UK and Brazil was signed on 2 December 2020.
The Memorandum of Understanding means that the UK CAA will undertake the oversight of organisations that hold UK Part 145 approval and RBAC 145 Approval.
Organisations must be based in the UK and hold:
- A valid UK Part 145 approval.
- The organisation must be able to demonstrate a need for an RBAC 145 Approval.
How much does it cost?
See the Official Record Series 5, CAA Scheme of Charges (Airworthiness, Noise Certification and Aircraft and Aircraft Engine Emissions. There are currently fees charges by ANAC for their processing of approvals granted under the bilateral arrangements.
Approvals are subject to an annual continuation fee detailed in the UK CAA Scheme of Charges.
You can find the applicable fee according to instructions on the ANAC website (National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil).
In the event of a discrepancy between the information here and the Official Record Series 5, CAA Scheme of Charges (Airworthiness, Noise Certification and Aircraft and Aircraft Engine Emissions), the Scheme of Charges takes precedence.
If the number of hours taken by the CAA to carry out its investigation in relation to the application exceeds the cost shown above, the applicant must pay an excess hourly charge. The CAA shall determine the excess hourly charge by taking the total number of excess hours taken by the CAA to complete the required investigations in relation to the relation to the application and multiplying that number of hours by an hourly charge.
The balance of the excess hourly charge (total hourly charge less initial change already paid) is payable by the applicant to the CAA and will be invoice to the applicant.
Payments can be made by credit or debit card or by bank transfer or by a cheque made payable to the Civil Aviation Authority.
How long will it take for my application to be processed?
- The application will be processed by Application & Approvals (A&A) and forwarded to the CAA Regional Office for review within 10 working days.
How long is it valid for?
A RBAC Approval is valid for 24 months unless suspended, cancelled or revoked.
The RBAC may request suspension of the approval at any time if the conditions of approval are not met.
- A&A will review and log the application. Send completed Form F-143-17 and proof of payment to ANAC.
- On receipt ANAC will notify A&A of the RBAC approval reference.
- The Regional Office will review the MOE supplement and when it is acceptable will notify A&A.
- A&A will issue an Approval Letter to the applicant advising the ANAC approval reference, the expiry date, the scope of approval and any limitations that have been applied.
- ANAC will be sent a copy of the Approval Letter and update their website.