This page offers guidance to appropriately approved organisations making recommendations to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) for the issue of an Airworthiness Review Certificate (ARC) for UK registered Part 21 aircraft.
Who can apply?
- a Part M Subpart G Organisation with ARC privileges on the aircraft type
- a Part-CAMO Organisation with ARC privileges on the aircraft type
- a Part-CAO Organisation with ARC privileges on the aircraft type
Part M Subpart G, Part-CAMO and Part-CAO organisations will need to provide the following documents:
- recommendations for the CAA to Issue an ARC
- a completed Online Application Form
- evidence that the aircraft's owner, operator or lessee agrees to the renewal of the ARC
- aircraft details (registration, type, serial number, engine(s), propeller(s) (if applicable), weights, total flying hours and associated cycles)
- organisation / operator details
- date of last flight
- flight manual reference and latest revision status
- all the maintenance due on the aircraft pursuant to the approved maintenance programme has been carried out
- CAA approved maintenance programme reference number, issue and amendment or revision number
- all known defects have been corrected or, when applicable, carried forward in a controlled manner
- all applicable airworthiness directives have been applied and properly registered
- all modifications and repairs applied to the aircraft have been registered and are approved in accordance with Part-21
- all service life limited parts and time-controlled components installed on the aircraft are properly identified, registered and have not exceeded their approved service life limit
- maintenance has been released in accordance with Part M requirements
- the current mass and balance statement must be valid and reflect the configuration of the aircraft
- the aircraft complies with the latest revision of its type design approved by the CAA
If an Airworthiness review recommendation is required to support an application for a Certificate of Airworthiness (C of A), or, Certificate of Airworthiness for Export please complete the 'C of A online form' or the 'C of A Export online form' (as appropriate) before completing the 'Recommendation for Issue of an Airworthiness Review Certificate' online form, as you will need to quote the application submission number given at the end of the C of A or C of A for Export online application.
For a non-UK approved Part M Subpart G, Part-CAMO and Part-CAO organisations, refer to the guidance for eligibility to exercise the privileges of your approval on UK registered aircraft (CAP2080).
Where applicable, in addition to all of the above you must provide a copy of the following:
- a copy of the organisation approval certificate
- a copy of the EASA Form 4 for the Airworthiness Review Staff
- a copy of the Airworthiness Review compliance report
- a copy of the aircraft physical Survey report
Please note we may request further information as required.
- the application is processed and reviewed
- the organisation or person making the recommendation will be advised if any discrepancies are raised and these will need to be rectified before the application can proceed
- the ARC is created
- the ARC is posted to the return address provided and G-INFO is updated
If upon review of the recommendation it is determined that a CAA Surveyor should complete an airworthiness review, you will be contacted by the resource scheduling team who will schedule the visit for the surveyor to conduct the review. Once satisfied, the surveyor will issue the ARC.