The EC Single European Sky project aims to harmonise air traffic control operations and system throughout Europe to improve efficiency, reducing delays due to air traffic control.
The interoperability requirements provide one set of standards for air traffic control components and systems across Europe – ensuring that the systems of one country are fully compatible with those of another.
Interoperability applies to the following air navigation systems and elements which are part of the European Air Traffic Management Network (EATMN):
- Systems and procedures for airspace management.
- Systems and procedures for air traffic flow management.
- Systems and procedures for air traffic services, in particular flight data processing systems, surveillance data processing systems and human-machine interface systems.
- Communications systems and procedures for ground-to-ground, air-to-ground and air-to-air communications.
- Navigation systems and procedures.
- Surveillance systems and procedures.
- Systems and procedures for aeronautical information services.
- Systems and procedures for the use of meteorological information.
The following links provide guidance to Air Navigation Service Providers and manufacturers:
- Guidance for Air Navigation Service Providers
- Information Paper and Guidance on Compliance and Oversight of the Mode S Interrogator IR (MSI IR)
- Interoperability Compliance Addendum - February 2008
The following templates are available in an editable format from your regional engineering inspector or by emailing the CAA:
- EC Declaration of Verification (DoV) Template (Issue 6, September 2012)
- Interoperability Technical File (TF) Template (Issue 6, September 2012)
- MSI IR Compliance Template (Issue 1 June 2014)
- SPI IR Compliance Template (Issue 1 June 2014)
EC Declaration of Suitability for Use (DSU) Template (Issue 3, February 2009)
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.