It is in your best interests as mortgagee to register an aircraft mortgage. The mortgage entry must be sent to the CAA along with copies of documents relating to the mortgage (listed below).
The registration process is subject to a fee, specified in Forms and Fees.
Once printed and signed all documentation can be submitted as a scanned document via email to email@example.com. If all the relevant information has been submitted as scanned documents there is no requirement to send in hard copy originals.
Once a mortgage entry is entered on the UK Register of Aircraft Mortgages, Aircraft Registration will inform all parties concerned with the mortgage in writing in accordance with our Service Standards.
How to register an aircraft mortgage
To register an aircraft mortgage, you will need to do four things:
1) Complete form CA1577 Entry of Aircraft Mortgages
Details of new aircraft mortgages are submitted to the CAA using form CA1577 Entry of Aircraft Mortgages.
Please note: as form CA1577 needs to be signed it cannot be directly submitted online. It must be printed and signed, but may subsequently be scanned and emailed to the CAA or returned by fax.
Details provided on this form should replicate exactly the details given on the mortgage deed.
- If the sum secured referred to on the entry form is not present in the deed but is present in the associated loan agreement, then a copy of the relevant part of the loan agreement should also be supplied. If the sum secured is "all monies" this can be quoted as such on the entry form.
- Mandatory information for both the mortgagee and mortgagor:
- Company name
- Company address
- Company number (or equivalent identification number issued to non UK incorporated entities)
2) Send us a certified copy of the mortgage deed
Form CA1577 must be accompanied by a certified copy of the mortgage deed.
If you are submitting the certified copy as a scanned document please ensure that the copy of the mortgage is certified before it is scanned. Please also confirm in the text of the email that the accompanying mortgage is a true copy.
3) Pay the specified fee using form CA2 Entry of Aircraft Mortgages
You will need to send debit/credit card payment details using CA2 Entry of Aircraft Mortgages.
If we do not receive the fee with the application then we will be unable to process it.
Provide additional contact information
We need comprehensive contact information for all parties involved in a mortgage. We may need to make contact regarding the mortgage many years after it is first registered, and over time, agents, companies and aircraft portfolios change. This information will enable us to reach the right person with minimal delay.
Additional information required, for each of the mortgagee, mortgagor, and agents:
- Name of the responsible officer and in what capacity they are acting [particularly when signing the relevant entries]
- Telephone number of the responsible officer
- Fax number of the responsible officer
- E-Mail addresses for the responsible officer (where applicable)
- Expected date of discharge of the mortgage or last payment due to the mortgagee from the mortgagor
- Mortgage agreement number (where applicable and if the mortgage is not referenced according to aircraft registration mark).