We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional analytics cookies to help us improve it.
For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK – EU Transition, and UK Civil Aviation Regulations

To access current UK civil aviation regulations, including AMC and GM, CAA regulatory documents, please use this link to UK Regulation. Please note, if you use information and guidance under the Headings, the references to EU regulations or EU websites in our guidance will not be an accurate information or description of your obligations under UK law. These pages are undergoing reviews and updates.

Once a mortgage has been completed, the CAA must be informed in order that we can update the register of aircraft mortgages to reflect the change. You will need to complete a form and send a copy of the certificate of discharge or equivalent document.

There is no fee for the registration of the discharge of an aircraft mortgage.

Mortgages are deemed to have been discharged from the date and time of receipt by the CAA (subject to the opening hours of the UK Register of Aircraft Mortgages, 10:00 - 16:00 weekdays) and not when the mortgage itself was completed.

Once printed and signed all documentation can be submitted as a scanned document via email to aircraft.reg@caa.co.uk.If all the relevant information has been submitted as scanned documents there is no requirement to send in hard copy originals.

Once a mortgage discharge is entered on the UK Register of Aircraft Mortgages, Aircraft Registration will inform all parties concerned with the mortgage by email or letter in accordance with our Service Standards.

For more information, contact the CAA Aircraft Registration section.

How to discharge a registered mortgage

Complete form CA1577c

To discharge a mortgage from the UK Register of Aircraft Mortgages please complete form CA1577c Discharge of Aircraft Mortgage.

Please note: as form CA1577c needs to be signed by (or on behalf of) the mortgagee it cannot be directly submitted online. It must be printed and signed, but may subsequently be scanned and emailed to the CAA or returned by fax.

Send us a copy of the Deed of Discharge or equivalent document

Please send us a copy of the deed of discharge or any other document which shows the mortgage has been completed by the mortgagee. This can be scanned and emailed along with form CA1577c.

Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority

  1. 2022 quarter two flight data
  2. Shaping up to be a busy 2022 for UK CAA’s General Aviation Unit
  3. CAA launches consultation on environmental effects of first UK space launch from Cornwall

View all latest news