We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional analytics cookies to help us improve it.
For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK-EU Transition

References to EU regulation or EU websites in our guidance will not be an accurate description of your obligations or rights under UK law.

Balloon and airship pilots require either a Class 2 medical certificate or a Medical Declaration (as required for a National Private Pilot’s Licence) which is based on the DVLA driving medical standards.

  • The initial medical examination can be carried out by any certificated AME.
  • The examination will take about one hour and the AME is responsible for setting the fee.

Find an AME

Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority

  1. Consumers urged to check for financial protection as holiday bookings set to rise
  2. UK Civil Aviation Authority set to create new Environmental Sustainability Panel
  3. Website changes

View all latest news