• Replace your licence

    Pilots are required to have their licence with them when they fly. If your licence has been lost, damaged or stolen, you will need to request a replacement licence.

    Form and supporting documentation

    To request a replacement licence, use the SRG1117 Online application for copy or replacements documents - licences and/or certificates.

    You will also need to send us:

    • An original or certified copy of either your passport (preferred) or a Full UK Driving Licence

    If you are requesting a replacement CPL, MPL or ATPL, you will also need to provide:

    • Your employer’s name
    • Your employer’s company AOC number

    How to get copies of your documents certified


    Please see licence fees and costs.

    An additional fee will be payable if you wish your documents to be returned by secure courier. See the Making sure your documents are safely returned section for more details.

    Please note

    You can only replace a licence that you have previously held.

    You must still have a valid medical certificate of the appropriate level for the type of licence you are updating as well as a current and valid language proficiency level.

    Compulsory conversion to EASA licence

    If you have not already converted your pilot licence to an EASA licence, requesting a replacement licence will mean that your licence will be compulsorily converted to an EASA licence and a conversion fee will be charged. These fees are set out in the Licence costs section.


    If you need to send us any documentation, please use the following address:

    Licensing and Training Standards
    Licensing Department
    Aviation House
    Beehive Ring Road
    West Sussex
    RH6 0YR