We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional analytics cookies to help us improve it.
For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK – EU Transition, and UK Civil Aviation Regulations

To access current UK civil aviation regulations, including AMC and GM, CAA regulatory documents, please use this link to UK Regulation. Please note, if you use information and guidance under the Headings below, the references to EU regulations or EU websites in our guidance will not be an accurate information or description of your obligations under UK law. These pages are undergoing reviews and updates.

Replace your licence

Pilots are required to have their licence with them when they fly. If your licence has been lost, damaged or stolen, you will need to request a replacement licence.

Form and supporting documentation

To request a replacement licence, use the SRG1117 Online application for copy or replacements documents - licences and/or certificates.

You will also need to send us:

  • An original or certified copy of either your passport (preferred) or a Full UK Driving Licence

If you are requesting a replacement CPL, MPL or ATPL, you will also need to provide:

  • Your employer’s name
  • Your employer’s company AOC number

How to get copies of your documents certified


Please see licence fees and costs.

An additional fee will be payable if you wish your documents to be returned by secure courier. See the Making sure your documents are safely returned section for more details.

Please note

You can only replace a licence that you have previously held.

You must still have a valid medical certificate of the appropriate level for the type of licence you are updating as well as a current and valid language proficiency level.

Compulsory conversion to EASA licence

If you have not already converted your pilot licence to an EASA licence, requesting a replacement licence will mean that your licence will be compulsorily converted to an EASA licence and a conversion fee will be charged. These fees are set out in the Licence costs section.


If you need to send us any documentation, please use the following address:

Licensing and Training Standards
Licensing Department
Aviation House
Beehive Ring Road
West Sussex

Provide page feedback

Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority

  1. Continued focus on change for GA Team
  2. Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
  3. Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence

View all latest news