• The personal details that appear on your licence should match the information on your photo ID and include your current permanent address. 

    If you have not already converted your pilot licence to an EASA licence, then updating your licence will mean that it will be compulsorily converted to an EASA licence and a conversion fee will be charged. 

    How to change your personal details/address on your licence

    If you have previously applied for a licence or rating using our eLicensing portal (applicable to commercial pilots only), you will have to apply for this service through the portal. 

    For more information on how to submit an eLicensing application please see eLicensing guidance for pilots
    If you have not previously used eLicensing portal and if you need to change or update any of your personal details, please complete online form SRG2156

    What documents to submit  

    As part of the online application, you will be asked to upload the following:

    • A certified copy of the Certificate of Revalidation page of your licence.
    • A certified copy of either your passport (preferred) or a Full UK Photographic Driving Licence   

    If your passport is not in your new name, we will also require a copy of:

    • your Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate,
    • your Change of Name Deed Poll, Statutory Declaration or Original Decree Absolute (as applicable).

    How to get copies of your documents certified 

    The cost of updating your licence

    There is no charge for changing your address, but you will have to pay an administration  fee if you have to change any other personal details or convert your licence as a result of this application. 

    Please see licence fees and costs for details

    An additional fee will be payable if you wish your documents to be returned by secure courier.

    Please see making sure your documents are safely returned section for more details.