Experience requirements, flight instruction and theoretical knowledge training
To qualify for a touring motor glider (TMG) class rating, you must complete an appropriate training course at an approved training organisation (ATO) or registered training facility (RTF).
To revalidate the rating you must complete the following:
- Pass a proficiency check in a touring motor glider with an examiner. The proficiency check must take place within the 3 months immediately before the rating’s expiry date; or
- 12 hours of flight time in a touring motor glider within the 12 months preceding the rating’s expiry date, including the following:
- 6 hours as pilot-in-command (PIC)
- 12 take-offs and landings
- a training flight of at least 1 hour with a flight instructor or a class rating instructor. If you have already completed a proficiency check or skill test in another type or class of aeroplane, you will not have to complete this training flight
Note: If you hold valid ratings written on your licence for both TMG and SEP, when you revalidate you may use the same flight time for both and ensure both ratings are signed up.
Revalidation by experience
If you are revalidating your TMG by experience and are flying in a European Member State, please note that Certificate of Revalidation held on a licence issued by the UK cannot be endorsed by a non-UK EASA examiner.
TMG revalidation by experience can only be signed in a UK issued licence by an examiner holding a valid UK issued Part-FCL examiner certificate or a Flight Instructor with the privileges of FCL.945.
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.