This validation allows you to fly for remuneration for short term commercial activities, using your ICAO licence.
Who needs to apply?
Holders of an ICAO licence who wish to be paid for short term commercial activities such as:
- Demonstration flights
- Ferry flights
- Test flights
You must hold:
- a current and valid ICAO licence and medical
- any class or type ratings you intend to fly with this validation must also be current and valid
You must employed directly or indirectly by:
- an aircraft manufacturer
- an aviation authority
A maximum of one year.
What else do I need to know?
Please read CAP1443
What do I need to include with my application?
- Application form SRG2134 with supporting documentation
- ID (certified copy of passport)
- Letter of verification from the issuing authority of the pilot’s licence (you will need to contact your issuing authority to get this)
- Logbook evidence, which must be sent either as: original logbooks (preferred), or certified copies of your logbook pages
- Evidence of employment
Please make sure all attachments are in PDF format. Any evidence deemed unsuitable will delay your application being processed.
How to apply
Once all of the requirements above have been met, the application should be submitted by email to the address below.
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Continued focus on change for GA Team
- Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
- Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence