Paying the CAA
The CAA accepts payment by the following methods:
Debit / Credit Card
- We accept payment by debit card and credit card for many items, both personal and business / corporate.
- We accept cards on the VISA and MasterCard networks only. We do not accept American Express, Diners Club, etc.
- Please note that we do not accept credit / debit card payments where the transaction is in excess of £25,000.
- For the majority of our services it is possible to pay the applicable fee at the point of online submission using our secure payment providers – Gov Pay, Worldpay & Opayo.
- For all other card payments we can provide applicants with a payment link, hosted by Sycurio, to enable secure & efficient payment to be made.
- We can also accept secure, PCI compliant, payment over the telephone.
- Do not send us credit / debit card details by email or post as this is inherently insecure and hence it is not possible to guarantee the security of card details sent this way.
Electronic Bank Transfer
- Within the UK, electronic payments may be made by BACS, Faster Payments and CHAPS. All standard international payment methods are also possible.
- Please ensure the Reference / Beneficiary Reference / Payee Reference (whichever is used on your online banking system) is completed to show any unique reference number first, then the applicant name (if different from the name on your account) as with BACS we can typically only see the first 18 characters. Do not put “Civil Aviation Authority”.
- For online applications always quote the Application Submission Reference Number e.g. AFSS-CA07-123456.
- Other examples are “CAI-7”, “123456A SRG1104”, “ATOL1234”, “12345678 INV00234”
- Ensure additional funds are added to cover any bank transfer fees especially those from overseas/international banks.
- For invoice payment please always send a remittance advice to: email@example.com
- CAA bank details.
- The CAA is currently phasing out its receipt of Cheques and aims to complete this process by the 31st of March 2024
- All refunds are subject to the CAA's Refund & Waiver Policy.