Specific Airworthiness Specifications (SASs) have been used by EASA during its early inception as a transition measure to allow operation of certain aircraft without a Type Certificate and for those without a Type Certificate Holder.
These aircraft were accepted and allowed to operate under a Restricted Certificates of Airworthiness (RCofA) based on the EASA approved SAS.
The UK left the European Union aviation system on 31 December 2020, and as such is no longer part of European Union aviation institutions, including the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
EASA SASs valid up to this date are considered approved by the CAA and have been published as they were released by EASA.
Going forward, the SASs will continue to refer to EU law and carry the EASA logo. Where references to EU law are made, they now relate to those laws as retained (and amended in UK domestic law) under the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018.
Note that the SAS are no longer recognised as approval of the design of an aircraft in the Regulation UK (EU) 2018/1139 (Basic Regulation) and the CAA will not issue new SASs.
All SASs and all RCofA issued based on existing SASs will remain valid.
A list of existing SASs is published on this page.
- EASA.SAS.A.005 Issue 2 Carmam JP 15-36 JP 15-36 A JP 15-36 AR (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.007 Issue 2 Carmam-Morelli M200 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.011 Issue 3 Siren PIK20E2F PIK30 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.015 Issue 2 Wassmer WA 26 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.016 Issue 3 Wassmer WA 28 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.023 Issue 3 PIK-20 PIK-20B (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.024 Issue 4PIK-20D (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.041 Issue 1 Segelflugzeugbau A Neukom Elfe (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.048 Issue 7 Wassmer WA 4 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.073 Issue 2 Optica (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.074 Issue 2 Sprint (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.075 Issue 7 Gardan GY80 Horizon (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.082 Issue 6 Beagle B121 Pup (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.085 Issue 2 PIK-20 E PIK-20 E II (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.087 Issue 3 Slingsby T51 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.088 Issue 2 Slingsby T53 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.089 Issue 2 Slingsby T59 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.093 Issue 5 Sukhoi Su-29 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.095 Issue 9 Yak-18T (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.097 Issue 18 Standard Cirrus 75 VTC G81 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.098 Issue 1 Glasfluegel 304 B (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.099 Issue 1 ME7 AC4c (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.100 Issue 1 Centrair Pegase 101 SN10100268-2 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.101 Issue 1 Discus SN292 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.118 Issue 2 Caproni Calif A21 (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.376 Issue 02 Rene Fournier RF series (PDF document)
- EASA.SAS.A.390 Issue 4 Slingsby T67 (PDF document)
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.