BCAR A6-1, M.A.708, CAO.A.075 and CAMO.A.315 refer to the need for owners and operators to ensure their aircraft are maintained to an approved maintenance programme to ensure the continuing airworthiness of those aircraft.
This application process is applicable to:
- the direct approval of maintenance programmes by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- the notification of indirectly approved maintenance programmes by a CAMO or CAO (holding the necessary privileges)
Applicants will need to prepare and provide the documents and information listed under the ‘How to apply’ section below
How much does it cost?
The cost for making an application directly to the CAA for the approval of an aircraft maintenance schedule or programme which is based on or different to the aircraft manufacturer's recommended schedule or programme is:
In the case of any discrepancies, the Official Record Series 5, CAA Scheme of Charges (Airworthiness, Noise Certification and Aircraft and Aircraft Engine Emissions) will be applied.
How long will it take for my application to be processed?
- the CAA will begin assessment within 10 working days and approval will be granted when the programme satisfactorily addresses the relevant requirements
How long is it valid for?
- the programme will remain approved unless suspended, cancelled or revoked
How do I apply and what should I include with my application?
How to make an initial / amendment / temporary amendment application for a maintenance programme approval, (including both direct and indirect approvals).
- complete application form SRG1753 and submit to email@example.com.
- the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Shared Service Centre will allocate the programme a maintenance reference and send you this information (initial application only)
- send a complete copy of maintenance programme to firstname.lastname@example.org
- send supporting documentation with your application. (Completed Operators Maintenance Programme Compliance Check List Form SRG1724 or completed CAP 562 Leaflet 5-40, as applicable)
- the CAA will assess the programme and when satisfied that it meets the applicable requirements will email confirmation of the programme approval / acknowledgement
- complete application form SRG1753 and submit it with the relevant fee to the CAA Shared Service Centre via the email address email@example.com
- the CAA Shared Service Centre will process the application with finance, and then allocate to the assigned Regional Office for assessment
- the CAA Shared Service Centre will allocate the programme a CAA unique reference and advise the applicant of the reference (initial application only)
- send a copy of the maintenance programme to firstname.lastname@example.org
send supporting documentation with your application. (Completed Owner/Operators MP Compliance Check List Form SRG1724 for Part 21 aircraft or completed CAP 562 Leaflet 5-40 for non-Part 21 aircraft, as applicable)
- the CAA will assess the programme and when satisfied that it meets the applicable requirements will email confirmation of the programme approval