What is it?
An exemption under Article 71(1) (EU) Regulation 2018/1139 permits flight in the EU member airspace in case of urgency or an unforeseen situation.
Who can apply?
The aircraft owner, maintenance organisation, continuing airworthiness management organisation (BCAR CAMO) or any individual authorised to act on the aircraft owner’s behalf.
If you’re an individual you can apply as long as your aircraft is registered in the UK.
How much does it cost?
For further information about cost, please see the Scheme of Charges.
How long will it take to be processed?
As long as you give us all the required information, you should be issued your exemption in 10 working days after we receive it.
How long is it valid for?
- Your form completed online
- Your fee
- Why you are applying:
- Unforeseen urgent operational circumstances
- Operational needs of a limited duration
- Justifications for the maintained level of safety
- Full details of the reason you're applying
- Any supporting documents
- Type Certificate Holder (TCH) documentation
- Copy of Airworthiness Directive/ Mandatory Permit Directive
- Rectification plan
If you need an exemption for a fleet of aircraft we need you to tell us the aircraft type.
If you are applying for a repeat exemption, you need to provide your previous exemption number.
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.