We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional analytics cookies to help us improve it.
For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK – EU Transition, and UK Civil Aviation Regulations

To access current UK civil aviation regulations, including AMC and GM, CAA regulatory documents, please use this link to UK Regulation. Please note, if you use information and guidance under the Headings below, the references to EU regulations or EU websites in our guidance will not be an accurate information or description of your obligations under UK law. These pages are undergoing reviews and updates.

If you are trying to register an aircraft abroad which was manufactured in the UK or has passed through UK ownership, it is likely you will need to provide confirmation that the aircraft is not currently registered in the UK.

The CAA can provide a Certificate of Non-registration for this purpose.

Under the 1944 Chicago Convention, an aircraft can only be registered in one state at any one time.

Requesting a Certificate of Non-registration

To request a Certificate of Non-registration, please complete and return the Non-Registration application form.

You will need to pay a fee to apply for the Certificate. See Forms and fees for more details.

Upon receipt of the application we will produce the certificate, send it to the applicant and also fax the certificate to the importing countries national aircraft register in accordance with our Service Standards.

Provide page feedback

Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority

  1. Continued focus on change for GA Team
  2. Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
  3. Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence

View all latest news