Version 3 now available.
The Skyway Code is designed to provide private pilots with easy, quick access to the key information they need and includes:
- Pre flight checks and flight planning
- UK - FIR
- Key Pilot responsibilities
- Airspace rules and regulations
- Aerodromes Operations
- Risks and Emergencies
- Tables and Codes
- Flying outside the UK
- Links to useful safety and regulatory resources
As well as covering the regulations it includes examples of radio phraseology, tables to work out crosswind components and ground marshalling signals.
The Skyway Code can be viewed online or downloaded for later use. The latest version will always be available here:
Printed copies will be available to buy soon.
Version 3 (March 2021) of The Skyway Code includes:
- Reflects the UK’s departure from the EU and guidance on the associated changes
- Updates to all aeronautical information, including radio frequencies and frequency monitoring codes
- Radiotelephony exchanges updated to reflect latest CAP 413 guidance
- Enhanced guidance for the use of moving map devices and avoiding airspace infringements
- Introduction to Electronic Conspicuity updated to reflect recent developments
- Introduction to Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) added
- Description of ‘Just Culture’ for GA added
Amendments will be listed on this page before being incorporated into future editions.
On page 87 (print) 88 (online), the guidance regarding the transition level does not reflect current policy that the lowest available Flight Level after setting 1013 hPa at the transition altitude is always at least 1,000 ft above the transition level.