The following Flying Display roles require a behavioural and attitudinal fitness assessment, in line with the CAA Fitness of Character Policy Framework, before undertaking the relevant duties:
- Flying Display Director (FDD)
- Airborne Flying Display Director (AFDD)
- Display Authorisation Evaluator (DAE)
- Display pilot (Display Authorisation (DA))
Behavioural and attitudinal assessment indicators
When making an assessment on the suitability of a candidate to hold a Flying Display role, the CAA looks for evidence relating to your:
- integrity, credibility, honesty and openness
- soundness of judgement
- willingness to obey the law
- likelihood of risk generating
These qualities can be demonstrated by:
- past compliance with regulatory obligations
- any enforcement action made by regulatory authorities
- a history of deliberate or reckless provision of false or misleading information made to a relevant authority in relation to any regulated or business activity
- dishonest behaviour or other improper conduct
- previous engagement with the CAA
When to apply?
An SRG1303B Application for fitness assessment for a flying display role should be completed and submitted:
- annually before, or alongside, the first Flying Display application made each year by an FDD
- when appointed and / or reappointed as a DAE
- on initial application for a DA
- for all DA revalidations, upgrades and renewals.
Once the SRG 1303B has been completed, the form can be attached to an email and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens next?
Following assessment, an appropriate notification will be sent to the applicant either to request further information or to confirm a satisfactory outcome.