Organisation may hold an approval from Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) to maintain aircraft that are registered on the Canadian Aircraft Register.
A Working Arrangement between the UK CAA and Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) was signed on 5 November 2020.
The Working Arrangement means that the UK CAA will undertake the oversight of organisations that hold UK Part 145 approval and TCCA CAR 571 and 573 Approval. This means that the UK CAA will undertake the oversight of those organisations where the main base is in the UK.
Organisation must be based in the UK and Hold:
A valid UK Part 145 approval.
How much does it cost?
- For organisations maintaining aircraft weighing 5700kg or more the initial application fee is £1918.
- For organisations maintaining aircraft weighing 5700kg or less the initial application fee is £1438.
- The excess hourly charge is £240
- Approvals are subject to an annual continuation fee detailed in the UK CAA Scheme of Charges.
In the event of a discrepancy between the information here and the Official Record Series 5, CAA Scheme of Charges (Airworthiness, Noise Certification and Aircraft and Aircraft Engine Emissions), the Scheme of Charges takes precedence.
If the number of hours taken by the CAA to carry out its investigations in relation to the application exceeds the cost shown above, the applicant must pay an excess hourly charge. The CAA shall determine the excess hourly charge by taking the total number of excess hours taken by the CAA to complete the required investigations in relation to the application and multiplying that number of hours by an hourly charge. The balance for the excess hourly charge (total hourly charge less initial charge already paid) is payable by the applicant to the CAA and will be invoiced to the applicant.
Payments can be made by credit or debit card or by bank transfer or by a cheque made payable to the Civil Aviation Authority.
How long will it take for my application to be processed?
The application will be processed by Applications & Approvals (A&A) and forwarded to the CAA Regional Office for review within 10 working days.
How long is it valid for?
Once granted, a TCCA Approval is non-expiring, unless suspended, cancelled or revoked.
Applicants should be aware that the TCCA may request suspension of the approval at any time if the conditions of approval are not met.
- A&A will review and log the application. The MOE Supplement will be forwarded to the local CAA Regional Office for review.
- The Regional Office will issue a Supplement approval letter stating the scope of approval and any limitations.
UK CAA will update their website showing TCCA approvals.