We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional analytics cookies to help us improve it.
For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK – EU Transition, and UK Civil Aviation Regulations

To access current UK civil aviation regulations, including AMC and GM, CAA regulatory documents, please use this link to UK Regulation. Please note, if you use information and guidance under the Headings below, the references to EU regulations or EU websites in our guidance will not be an accurate information or description of your obligations under UK law. These pages are undergoing reviews and updates.

EU exit

Please note that, in the event of UK participation in EASA and mutual recognition of licences and certificates ceasing, some CAA website content and application forms may continue to carry the EASA logo or reference the EU or EASA rather than the UK CAA in the short term.

These will be updated in due course following the outcome of the transition period negotiations on the long-term aviation relationship between the UK and the EU. In the meantime, the guidance provided and the application forms accessed via the CAA website portal will continue to be valid

Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisations (CAMOs) and organisations that hold a Part 21 approval must notify the CAA when an EASA temporary Permit to Fly is issued.


The aircraft must be on the UK register and the organisation that issued the EASA temporary Permit to Fly, must hold the relevant privileges under their approval.

How much does it cost?

Application type Fee
Where a CAMO, or Part-21 approved organisation, issues the permit to fly under the privileges of their approval and notifies the CAA accordingly, the CAMO, or Part-21 approved organisation. £29.00

Please refer to ORS 5 3.4.2.

In the event of a discrepancy between the information here and the Scheme of Charges, the Scheme of Charges takes precedence.

What else do I need to know?

How do I apply?

Please email the following information to apply@caa.co.uk.

  • Copy of issued EASA Temporary Permit to Fly
  • Copy of completed CAA approved Flight Conditions / Copy of EASA (or Part 21J) approved Flight Conditions (EASA Form 18b or 18a)
  • Copy of any documentation referred to in EASA Form 18b or 18a (if applicable)
  • Relevant fee

Provide page feedback

Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority

  1. Continued focus on change for GA Team
  2. Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
  3. Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence

View all latest news