We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK Civil Aviation Regulations

These are published by the CAA on our UK Regulations pages. EU Regulations and EASA Access Guides published by EASA no longer apply in the UK. Our website and publications are being reviewed to update all references. Any references to EU law and EASA Access guides should be disregarded and where applicable the equivalent UK versions referred to instead.

Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisations (Part-CAMO and Part-CAO) and organisations that hold a Part 21 approval, with the appropriate privileges, must notify the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) when a temporary Permit to Fly is issued.


The aircraft must be on the UK register and the organisation that issued the temporary Permit to Fly, must hold the relevant privileges under their approval.

The aircraft must also hold flight conditions that have been approved under UK Part 21.

How do I apply?

Please email apply@caa.co.uk, including the following information:

  • Copy of issued Temporary Permit to Fly.
  • Copy of completed CAA approved Flight Conditions / Copy of Part 21 G or J approved Flight Conditions (CAA Form 18b or 18a).
  • Copy of any documentation referred to in CAA Form 18b or 18a (if applicable).
  • Relevant fee.
Close How do I apply?

How much does it cost?

Application Type

Where a Part-CAMO, Part-CAO or Part-21 approved organisation, issues the permit to fly under the privileges of their approval and notifies the CAA accordingly. With the fee being £34 for this application type.

The Official Record Series 5, CAA Scheme of Charges provides further details.

In the event of a discrepancy between the information here and the Scheme of Charges, the Scheme of Charges takes precedence.

Close How much does it cost?

What else do I need to know?

The below information provides further details on anything else you may need to know in regard to a temporary 'Permit to Fly':

Close What else do I need to know?