Human factors (HF) and our understanding of its effects on safety performance continues to evolve and develop.
ICAO has developed a guidance manual for regulators to support Regulatory understanding and approaches that should be considered when managing and overseeing Human Performance (see useful links). We will be using this material to further develop our approaches across all of the CAA’s activities.
In order to reduce HF risks to aviation safety we must influence attitudes and behaviours while embedding HF thinking into everything we do.
By taking this approach, we aim to improve aviation safety and keep the interests of the consumer at the heart of our work.
If you have any feedback to give on the strategy or anything relating to human factors in civil aviation please contact us at email@example.com.
- GHOST (Ground Handling) Human Factors
- CAP 403 - Flying displays and special events
- CAP 715 - An Introduction to Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Human Factors for JAR 66
- CAP 716 - Aviation maintenance HF
- CAP 718 - HF in maintenance (2002)
- CAP 719 - Fundamental HF concepts (2002)
- CAP 737 - Flight crew HF handbook
- CAP 1377 - ATM automation guidance
- CAP 1938 - Guidance Material for the Psychological Assessment of Pilots