We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK Civil Aviation Regulations

These are published by the CAA on our UK Regulations pages. EU Regulations and EASA Access Guides published by EASA no longer apply in the UK. Our website and publications are being reviewed to update all references. Any references to EU law and EASA Access guides should be disregarded and where applicable the equivalent UK versions referred to instead.

This page provides information to holders of a UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence which require the UK CAA to provide a letter of support for their application to the Federal Aviation Administration of the United States of America (FAA) for the issue of an A&P Licence.


You must hold an UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence.

How do I apply?

Please send the application form to the following address:

Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House
Licensing Assessment Team
Beehive Ring Road
West Sussex

What do I need to send with my application?

You will need to send the following information for your application:

How much does it cost?

The fee is £55.00.

Should you wish to apply for a verification to more than one company or National Aviation Authority (NAA), an additional fee will be required.

What else do I need to know?

The Scheme of Charges (Personnel Licensing) provides further information on charges.