We have an online portal for customers to access many of our services. The portal can be accessed at: https://portal.caa.co.uk.
The portal can be used for:
- Applying for a new ATOL licence
- Flight crew e-exams and e-licensing
- Aircraft maintenance e-exams
- Private pilot theoretical knowledge e-exams
- Medical records system (Cellma)
- Electronic Conspicuity device rebates
You will need to register for an account in advance of using it. You can access a guide on how to register and use the portal in CAP1902. Applicants for the medical service who wish to gain access to Cellma can also refer to this shorter one page guide.
Please be aware that to register you will need:
Formal photographic identification (one of the below)
- UK Driving licence
Proof of address or existing CAA documentation (one of the below)
- Driving licence
- Bank statement
- Identity card
- Utility bill
- Council tax bill
- Council rent book
- Mortgage statement
- Existing CAA documentation (e.g. medical certificate)
Please note that the same document cannot be used for both i.e. driving licence can only be used for photo identification or proof of address. An additional item of documentation would also be required.
Once you have created a username and password for your portal account, you will receive an email with an activation link. Click on the link to activate your account.
If you get an error message when you then try to log into your portal account after having followed the activation link, your account has not been activated.
This is likely because Office 365 offers a security facility known as “Advanced Threat Protection”. This wraps any link contained in an automated email with a client instigated protection prefix. Effectively this removes the user specific (encrypted unique data) and this is why the activation fails.
There are three options to deal with this:
- Option 1 - Activate your account using your mobile. Advanced Threat Protection is not used on mobile applications, so clicking on the activation link in the email on your mobile will fix this issue.
- Option 2 - Turn off Advanced Threat Protection on your PC
- Option 3 - Add caa.co.uk to the safe links on your PC
Option 1 or 3 is the preferred option as it does not disable the O365 security, just whitelists the caa.co.uk urls as safe.
- If you do not know your CAA reference number, this field can be left blank and will be filled in by the CAA when we process your application.
- Your ID documents must be valid (not expired).
- You can only upload JPEG and PDF documents. Other file types (such as tiff or png) will stop you from completing this page.
If you do not already have a CAA reference number, you will be allocated one by the CAA when we process your account registration.
You will receive two automated emails from us when we have finished your portal account set up. Once you have received the second email, you can log into your portal account. If you click on 'Personal Details' on the left hand side, you will see your CAA reference number.
If you have forgotten your portal username, you can contact our portal support team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 022 1909 Monday to Friday 08.30 to 16.30.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it via the CAA portal, which can be accessed by this link: https://portal.caa.co.uk.
Please make sure that you are following the guidelines for your new password:
- Must be at least 8 characters in length
- It cannot be the same as your username or emails
It must contain:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (A through Z)
- Numbers (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.