We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional analytics cookies to help us improve it.
For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK – EU Transition, and UK Civil Aviation Regulations

To access current UK civil aviation regulations, including AMC and GM, CAA regulatory documents, please use this link to UK Regulation. Please note, if you use information and guidance under the Headings below, the references to EU regulations or EU websites in our guidance will not be an accurate information or description of your obligations under UK law. These pages are undergoing reviews and updates.

If you wish to work as a Cabin Crew in commercial air transport within a Member State of the European Community you must hold a valid Cabin Crew Attestation (CCA). This is a certificate of professional competency which permits you to discharge the duties of Cabin Crew on European Community registered aircraft. To be eligible for a CCA you must be at least 18 years of age and have successfully completed the required initial training course and the associated examination in accordance with EASA Aircrew Regulation Part-CC.

In the UK, initial training and examinations for applicants of CCA are conducted by companies approved to do so. The UK CAA has compiled a list of companies who have been approved to provide initial training and issue the CCA for that training.

Training courses leading to the deliverance of a CCA, and the organisations that conduct them, must be approved by the competent National Authority. CAP 783 - 'Cabin Crew - Initial Safety Training' contains instructions and procedures to be followed when applying for an approval.

In order to exercise the privileges of the CCA in any European Member State you must also comply with the relevant operational requirements in accordance with the 'Air Operations Regulation' and with the medical fitness requirements of Part-MED in accordance with the 'Aircrew Regulation'.

Once you have your CCA (basic and generic safety training qualification), as a CCA holder you may only exercise the privileges of the CCA provided:

  • You have completed aircraft type and operator conversion training including checking for at least one aircraft type in accordance with an operator's Operations Manual in accordance with the Air Operations Regulation (Part-ORO);
  • You comply with the requirements of the Aircrew regulation, Part-MED, regarding medical fitness to discharge the duties assigned to you.

On completion of aircraft type and operator conversion training you will be provided with a record as evidence of that training. This details your CCA reference together with the aeroplane types and variant(s) that you are permitted to operate. In addition it will indicate the date at which annual recurrent training and checking is next required for the aeroplane type or variant(s).

If you are the holder of a cabin crew attestation and are enquiring about re-issue or replacement, you need to contact the organisation that issued your attestation. The CAA does not issue or re-issue cabin crew attestations and does not hold records of those issued.

Provide page feedback

Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority

  1. Continued focus on change for GA Team
  2. Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
  3. Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence

View all latest news