We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional cookies to understand how you use it, and to help us improve it.

For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK Civil Aviation Regulations

These are published by the CAA on our UK Regulations pages. EU Regulations and EASA Access Guides published by EASA no longer apply in the UK. Our website and publications are being reviewed to update all references. Any references to EU law and EASA Access guides should be disregarded and where applicable the equivalent UK versions referred to instead.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) provides guidance for British nationals on who to contact If something goes wrong while you are abroad.

This includes advice about:

  • Injuries and sickness
  • Coping with a death abroad
  • Arrest or detention
  • Being a victim of crime while you are away

The European emergency number

If you need emergency services and you are in Europe, the phone number you should use is 112 which is the number for the emergency services across Europe. No country, city or district code is needed prior to 112.

In the UK 999 and 112 work in parallel.

Call 112 only in case of sudden real threat to life, health, safety, environment or property and when emergency services rapid assistance is needed.