There are a number of organisations who work to seek improvements in aviation’s environmental performance. They do this by lobbying those who cause the impact such as airlines and airports, and seeking to influence Government policy.
Nationally some of the most influential groups are:
- Aviation Environment Federation (AEF)
- Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE)
- Friends of the Earth
- Royal Society for the protection of Birds (RSPB)
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
There is an umbrella group called Airport Watch that represents a number of organisations.
There are also a number of local lobbying groups focused on different airports.
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Continued focus on change for GA Team
- Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
- Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence