We use necessary cookies to make our website work. We'd also like to use optional analytics cookies to help us improve it.
For more information, please read our cookie policy.

UK – EU Transition, and UK Civil Aviation Regulations

To access current UK civil aviation regulations, including AMC and GM, CAA regulatory documents, please use this link to UK Regulation. Please note, if you use information and guidance under the Headings, the references to EU regulations or EU websites in our guidance will not be an accurate information or description of your obligations under UK law. These pages are undergoing reviews and updates.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) provides guidance for British nationals on who to contact If something goes wrong while you are abroad.

This includes advice about:

  • Injuries and sickness
  • Coping with a death abroad
  • Arrest or detention
  • Being a victim of crime while you are away

The European emergency number

If you need emergency services and you are in Europe, the phone number you should use is 112 which is the number for the emergency services across Europe. No country, city or district code is needed prior to 112.

In the UK 999 and 112 work in parallel.

Call 112 only in case of sudden real threat to life, health, safety, environment or property and when emergency services rapid assistance is needed.

Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority

  1. Shaping up to be a busy 2022 for UK CAA’s General Aviation Unit
  2. CAA launches consultation on environmental effects of first UK space launch from Cornwall
  3. Farnborough 2022: Sir Stephen Hillier - Where next for aviation and aerospace

View all latest news