- Use no. instead of number
- Don't use full stops in abbreviations. For example, AEARS, not A.E.A.R.S.
- Always use sentence casing. This means only capitalising the first word, and proper nouns. For example, "How to contact the UK Civil Aviation Authority"
- Never use block capitals, with the exception being abbreviations e.g. G-INFO, AEARS, AANS. Block capitals remove the shape of a word and make it difficult to read.
- Place important information at the beginning of headings and paragraphs:
- Don't say "Find out how to apply for a licence"
- Do say "Apply for a licence - find out how"
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Continued focus on change for GA Team
- Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
- Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence