Our licensing and permissioning activities are designed to enable the emerging UK space sector whilst ensuring a safe and sustainable commercial space sector.
In carrying out these regulatory functions we are committed to follow the principles of the wider CAA and the Regulators’ Code. Our regulatory approach
- Do not jeopardise public health or the safety of persons or property
- Do not undermine national security
- Comply with the UK’s various international obligations
- Are not contrary to the national interests
- Take account of any environmental impact
We will continue to monitor the performance once a licence has been granted to ensure that standards are maintained.
In assessing applications and conducting our oversite functions we commit to:
- A consistent but proportionate approach which takes account of the relative risk associated with the proposed activities.
- Reducing administrative burdens where possible by working with other regulators and facilitating the use of existing supporting evidence
- Engaging with industry, government, and other key stakeholders to support continuous improvement of our processes and the legislative framework we operate within.
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Continued focus on change for GA Team
- Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
- Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence