This webpage provides notes and resources for customers who receive quarterly data outputs from the Passenger Survey. These outputs are agreed under contract before the start of each survey year.
If you would like to know more about these outputs please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The current release is the July - September 2021 output.
- The next release is the July - December 2021 output, scheduled for mid-February
Your output will include
- Your contracted data output which may include any of the following
- Documentation – This includes a dictionary to help Users understand the data. It also includes information on recent changes to the structure of either the Primary or Secondary dataset.
- Lookup – This is a set of reference material that can be used to decode the data (principally in the Primary data table).
Caution and disclaimer
- It should be noted that all data releases prior to the Final clean release remain Final until the final release has been made.
- Subsequent quarterly releases may contain amendments to earlier quarter. For instance, the Q3 issue may contain revisions to earlier Q1 & Q2 figures.
- Survey information is derived from systematic random interviews of departing air passengers.
- Weighting statistics are based on CAA’s Airport statistical database. The information contained in this report has been compiled from various sources of data. CAA validates this data, however, no warranty is given as to its accuracy, integrity or reliability.
- Matching rates are derived from the Survey weights and the monthly Airport Passenger Statistic reported by the airports. In a small number of instances the reporting of scheduled and charter passengers by these airports may differ from the information captured in the passenger survey results.
- From 2019 the weighting process no longer migrates populations across quarters. To indicate populations not sampled we have included “dummy” records. These records do not represent any interviews and are present to balance the dataset to the Airport ATM figures. They can be disregarded when analysing passenger profiles.
- Customers should satisfy themselves of the integrity of this data prior to proceeding with any subsequent data interrogation.
- CAA will assist in the checking of key statistics where possible.
- CAA will not and cannot accept any liability for any financial loss caused by the person’s reliance on survey statistics.
- CAA insists that they are referenced in any publication that makes reference to CAA Statistics.
- No data may be sold onto any third party.
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Latest from UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Continued focus on change for GA Team
- Virtual aviation work experience partnership with Springpod
- Helicopter pilot sentenced for forging licence